Take taco night to a whole new level this week with this homemade Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw Recipe!
Looking for a delicious way to change up Taco Tuesday? These Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw are so delicious! The combination of seasoned fish and fabulous crunchy cole slaw is such a perfect pairing!
Plus, these tacos couldn’t be easier to make. Just mix together a few tasty ingredients and you’re done! You can even substitute tilapia for your favorite fish, the flavor combinations are endless! This dinner will quickly become one of your favorites for busy weeknights.
So, are you ready to make these crispy fish tacos? Here’s what you’ll do…
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw Recipe
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw Recipe
Fish Taco Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds Tilapia Filets or fish of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 Flour Tortillas or corn tortillas
- Southwestern Cole Slaw recipe follows
Southwestern Cole Slaw Ingredients
- 10 ounce bag Angel Hair or Classic Cole Slaw (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped Green Onions
- 2-3 tablespoons Chopped Jalapeños (found in jar)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 11 ounces Mexican style Corn, drained (1 can)
- 3/4 cup nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 Avocado, chopped and drizzled with Lime Juice
Fish Taco Intructions
- Preheat broiler. Season fish with chili powder and season to taste. Broil 4-6 minutes per 1/2–inch thickness or until fish flakes with fork. Fish may be grilled or pan sautéed also.
- Fill each tortilla with fish and Southwestern Cole Slaw (see recipe).
- Warm tortillas according to package directions or heat in microwave about 30 seconds covered with damp paper towel. Serve with cole slaw or condiments of choice
Southwestern Cole Slaw Instructions
- In large bowl, combine cole slaw, green onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, and corn.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Toss with slaw. Season to taste and fold in avocados.
Calories 209, Calories from Fat 19%, Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 57mg, Sodium 353mg, Carbohydrates 16g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 1g, Protein 26g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat
Find more delicious recipes like this one from Holly Clegg’s Trim and Terrific KITCHEN 101 cookbook.
Craving more delicious Dinner Recipes? Get inspired below…
The salmon marinates in a honey glaze, and the pecan crust gives it the perfect crunch. You’ve just found your new favorite seafood recipe, this pecan crusted salmon!
Impress all of your friends at your next cook out or dinner party with this incredibly delicious and EASY Grilled Lobster Tail Recipe! Just 4 ingredients, and you’ll be the superstar of the grill!
Summertime grilling is always more fun when shrimp is involved! These delicious Shrimp Kabobs are bursting with irresistible flavors, like sweet pineapple, fresh peppers, and delicious onions. So yummy, and the ultimate Summer dinner!
This savory Grilled Mexican Style Corn will be the best Corn on the Cob you’ve ever tasted! This Mexican Corn is the just like the corn you can get from the authentic street vendors in Mexico. Seasoned to perfection and exploding with flavor!
That’s right… our favorite summer drink also makes a ridiculously delicious chicken marinade! The blend of savory garlic and lemonade tang make the flavors pop!
These Easy Chicken Quesadillas are so yummy! Seriously… nothing is more satisfying after a long busy day than biting into a cheesy Quesadilla filled to overflowing with chicken, onions, and chiles.
Are you looking for that perfect dessert you can make on your upcoming camping trip? This Campfire Banana Boats Recipe is crazy delicious and the ultimate summer dessert! Just 4 easy ingredients and you’ve got such a yummy treat.
So don’t miss out! Join us to get the latest DIY Thrill Projects, Easy Recipes, DIY Hacks and more right here…
So have you tried this Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw Recipe yet?
Share with us in the comments below!