This super easy to build DIY Raised Garden Bed is the perfect option for hassle free gardening!
DIY Raised Garden Bed
Supplies Needed to Make Your DIY Raised Garden Bed:
Three 8 ft. long Cedar Boards or Trex Boards
(I recommend a 12″ – 18″ wide board, depending on how much soil depth you prefer)
- When selecting your boards at the store, I recommend laying each board down on the floor (testing each flat surface of the board) to check for warps.
- Cut one of the 8 ft. board in half, so you have two 4 ft. long boards. If you don’t have a saw, your nearest Home Depot or Lowe’s will often cut the boards in store for you, at little to no cost.
- Select a sunny patch in your yard to assemble the DIY Raised Garden Bed.
- Using a level, place your 4 ft. boards across the end of your 8 ft. boards, creating a rectangular box.
- On the inside of each corner, attach and secure two L-brackets using galvanized screws (one bracket 2-3 inches from the top, and one bracket 2-3 inches from the bottom).
- If you have an irrigation system for your yard, you can now run dripper lines into your planter box. You can run the lines under the box, or drill a hole and run the lines through the side of the box.
- Once you have completed the raised garden box, you can add dirt and start gardening! Wasn’t that easy?
How would you like to never buy green onions again? With this easy gardening tip, you can grow green onions again and again, never having to run to the store whenever you need them. It’s so nice to have them on hand and such a simple way to save a little money!
Are you looking for some easy DIY ways to fertilize your soil? These 7 Natural Soil Fertilizer Tricks are great ways to enrich your soil! You may even end up with greener plants, larger flowers, and even bigger fruits and veggies.
Are you ready to get back out in your garden? Or are you looking to start a DIY project? Stretch your budget this month with these clever tricks for how to shop at Home Depot for free!
Did you know you that can actually grow corn from Popcorn Kernels? It’s crazy… and true! Go grab some popcorn kernels and check out this fun gardening trick for How to Grow Corn From Popcorn Kernels.
Would you like to spoil your back yard birds with an Easy Homemade Wild Bird Treat? Check out this easy DIY treat for wild birds. It’s so simple to make and your feathered friends will love it! You will be amazed at all the beautiful varieties of birds that come to visit.
These creative and unique Gardening Gift Ideas are sure to be a hit! Check out the list below to stash away some fun gifts they’ll love!
Got the itch to get back out in your garden? Get inspired with this list of 94 borderline genius DIY Gardening Hacks! You’ll find clever and effective tips for planting flowers and vegetables you’ll wish you’d tried sooner!