This Southwestern Veggie Quinoa Bowl is packed with onions, black beans, peppers, Mexican cheese, and of course quinoa… talk about delicious!
Following is a delicious recipe and guest post from Team Holly with The Healthy Cooking Blog. ENJOY!
This fabulous vegetarian southwestern quinoa recipe will be a game changer for you. Put quinoa on to cook, sauté vegetables and combine together to pop in the oven for hearty, healthy and absolutely wonderful one-dish quick meal!
Quinoa has a light and fluffy texture when cooked, so it’s a great alternative to rice. Whether you’re looking to create a delicious side or build a main course, your family will request this incredible Southwestern Veggie Quinoa Bowl again and again!
Go grab the recipe to have on hand for a busy night this week! Here’s what you’ll need…
Southwestern Veggie Quinoa Bowl
Southwestern Veggie Quinoa Bowl
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped peeled sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium nonstick pot, combine quinoa and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook, covered about 17-20 minutes or until water absorbed and quinoa cooked. Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion, bell pepper, sweet potato, and garlic until tender, about 5-7 minute or until tender. Add chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
- To vegetables, add cooked quinoa, black beans, salsa, and cilantro.
- Transfer quinoa mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Find more delicious recipes like this one from Holly Clegg’s Trim and Terrific Guy’s Guide to Eating Well cookbook.
Craving more delicious Dinner Recipes? Get inspired below…
These 75 best easy dinner ideas will feed your family and kids in no time. They include lots of healthy, quick, vegetarian, chicken, and other meat recipes to choose from for a busy weekday– and also for your Sunday suppers.
Looking for a delicious way to change up Taco Tuesday? These Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw are so delicious! The combination of seasoned fish and fabulous crunchy cole slaw is such a perfect pairing!
This easy Crock Pot Beef Fajitas Recipe is the perfect solution for busy weeknights! Quick Prep and loaded with savory flavors!
With rotisserie chicken, canned broth and drop dumplings, this Chicken and Dumplings Recipe becomes an effortless one-dish meal!
The salmon marinates in a honey glaze, and the pecan crust gives it the perfect crunch. You’ve just found your new favorite seafood recipe, this pecan crusted salmon!
So don’t miss out! Join us to get the latest DIY Thrill Projects, Easy Recipes, DIY Hacks and more right here…
So have you tried this Southwestern Veggie Quinoa Bowl yet?
Share with us in the comments below!