These Outdoor Hanging Ball Lights are so easy to make and are one of my favorite holiday decorating ideas!
On the hunt for some fun Christmas decorating ideas for outside your house? Magical light displays begin with festive Christmas decorations, so get in the holiday spirit this year with Outdoor Hanging Ball Lights! That’s right, these balls are wrapped in lights and will make a stylish addition to your Christmas decor.
The best part? The supplies are so affordable you can make multiple outdoor hanging ball lights for hardly any money! They’re such a fun way to enhance your Christmas light display!
Are you ready to make these Christmas light balls for trees? Here’s what you’ll do…
How To Make Outdoor Hanging Ball Lights
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 inch Hardware Cloth (2ft x 5ft), or Chicken Wire can also be used
- Strand of 100 Mini Lights (Color of your choice)
- Zip Ties
- Wire Cutters
- Tape Measurer
- Leather Work Gloves
What You’ll Do:
- Put on leather gloves and roll out the hardware cloth.
- Using wire cutters, cut hardware cloth into (4) 1ft by 2ft sections.
- Take one of the 1ft by 2ft sections and place the short sides together creating a cylinder. Connect with 2 zip ties in the middle. (See Photo Above)
- Now begin pushing the cylinder’s sides in to create a round shape, use zip ties to secure the ends.
- Once the ball is spherical and secured, take your strand of 100 mini lights and wrap it randomly around the ball, making sure to leave the plug exposed.
- Use a 2 ft strand of twine to hang the balls from a tree or your front porch railing.
- Plug them in and enjoy your DIY Christmas Light Spheres!
Looking for more fun DIY ideas? Get inspired below…
This DIY Christmas Star is so easy to make and is one of my favorite holiday decorating ideas!
Are you ready to transform your home for the holidays? Go check out these Easy DIY Christmas Decorations and clever holiday tips to transform every corner of your home with hardly any effort!
This Peppermint Poo Pourri Recipe is such a brilliant way to hide those stinky bathroom odors before they ever start!!
Now that you’ve got a jump start on your DIY Christmas Decorations, check some gifts off your list with these fun and creative gift ideas…
Need to get some Christmas stockings filled? Have fun buying Christmas stocking treasures with help from these Funny Stocking Stuffers for Him! Ranging from funny to practical, guys will love these creative stocking stuffers!
Make Christmas unforgettable for your teen with help from this list of Stocking Stuffers for Teenage Guys! Right now is a great time to load up on fun stocking stuffers and start checking gifts off your Christmas shopping list…
On the hunt for some fun gifts for the football lovers in your life? Check out these Stocking Stuffers for Football Lovers!
On the hunt for some fun gifts for the Star Wars lovers in your life? Check out these Star Wars Gift Ideas they’ll love!
Life is too short to wear boring socks! So add some spice and flair to that wardrobe of yours, stash away some fun gifts, and stuff those stockings with some seriously fun socks!
Give your furry, or feathered, friend some new toys and treats this Christmas with these Fun Pet Stocking Stuffers!
Are you on the hunt for some trendy baseball stocking stuffers for all the baseball lovers in your life? This Christmas, give the gift that baseball fans really want, fun baseball gear with their favorite team’s logo on it! Check out this list of Stocking Stuffers for Baseball Fans!
These creative and unique Gardening Gift Ideas are sure to be a hit! Check out the list below to stash away some fun gifts they’ll love!
So don’t miss out! Join us to get the latest DIY Thrill Projects, Easy Recipes, DIY Hacks and more right here…
So… have you tried making these Outdoor Hanging Ball Lights yet?
Share with us in the comments below!