You can never predict those nights when the power will go out, but you’ll love having this Altoid Tin Candle on hand!
Looking for a compact candle that’s the perfect addition to your Homemade Survival Kit? Since this Altoid Tin Candle can be stashed away just about anywhere, you’ll be prepared for any power outage that comes your way! It’s the ultimate compact survival essential for those unexpected emergency situations!
These double wick Altoid Tin Candles are also handy to take along with you on your next camping trip, and make great little gifts, too.
With both wicks lit, this candle will burn for over 6.5 hours! Go grab an empty Altoid tin, and let’s get started! Here’s what you’ll need…
Altoid Tin Candle
- Start with a clean, dry, empty Altoid Tin.
- Cut 2 small rectangles of duck tape and use them to cover the holes in the Altoid Tin.
- Attach bottom of wicks to wick stickers, then affix wick stickers to the inside base of the Altoid Tin. (See photo above)
- Transfer 3/4 cups Soy Wax Flakes into a measuring cup.
- Microwave wax for 1 minute and stir. Keep microwaving and stirring in 30 second increments until wax is fully melted.
- Carefully pour melted wax into your Altoid Tin you prepared with wicks.
- As wax solidifies overnight, stabilize the wicks using 2 pencils.
- After wax has hardened overnight, prop the top of the wicks upright, trim the wicks, and you’re done!
Too busy to make your own? Check out this Emergency Beeswax Slow Burn Candle here…
Did you know Altoid Tins also made great little survival kits? These Mini Survival Kits are quick and simple to make, and the perfect addition to your hiking backpack, camping gear, or your car’s glovebox.
Looking for some creative and sneaky ideas for fun places to hide your jewelry, money, or other valuables? Check out these 14 Clever Money Hiding Tricks!
Do you have your Homemade Survival Kit ready?? Nobody ever plans to be in a survival situation, but when the unexpected actually happens, you’ll give yourself a little pat on the back and thank yourself for planning ahead! These kits are great to take Camping, too.
Planning an outdoor adventure or just looking for some fun new gear for your next camping trip? These 11 Best Camping Gear and Gadgets are some of my absolute favorite things to have on hand when camping!
Heading out of town or just looking for some simple ways to make your home more secure? Check out these clever DIY Home Security Tricks!
Find more fun DIY Tips and Tricks here…